Kate Makes Chocolate Talk
A hour talk about chocolate production includes:
- From bean to bar with pictures to demonstrate, includes cocoa farming, locations, the factory processing of chocolate, and Fairtrade.
- About my experiences of running a chocolate business since 2006.
- Questions at the end.
- Chocolates can be provided at an extra cost, please ask for a quote.
£40 plus travel expenses
Chocolate Workshops for Schools in Kent
Ages 8-12 years. Talk as above. An education workbook is provided for the pupils to fill in , afterwards, or during the session, time dependant.
- A talk about the flavours that go well with chocolate.
- An action game about chocolate processing.
- A discussion about cocoa farming and where it has grown in the world.
- The history of chocolate and modern attitudes.
- Uses of chocolate.
- A look and feel of cocoa beans in their raw state plus pictures of cocoa pods inside and out.
- Product design – their brand name, a box design which is something pupils can design and make before or after the workshop. Would incorporate maths, design and art. I discuss with them whats makes a sellable product from my experience.
- Chocolate making workshop – children get to make their own chocolates with ingredients provided.
£200 for half day workshop. Ingredients and workbook, £2 per pupil. Travel costs – ask for quote.
Contact Kate-Beth March for more information.